Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 4 weeks ago

I'm a diehard Rams fan betting a month's mortgage on the Bills to defeat my Rams.... am I being disloyal or smart?

Rams had to travel to East Coast back to back weeks so they'll be exhausted. Plus Bills are better than Cowboys and Eagles. 

You are stupid to bet any games this season. This season all games are a coin toss. 

You are very stupid to bet week 3 in any season. All experienced gamblers know to stay away from week 3. 

The point spread already takes travel into consideration. If you think oddsmakers don't know where cities are you are very dumb. 

That being said I'd pick Buffalo in a close game but I wouldn't put money on it. 

• Rusty

You are not a 'die hard' Rams fan, you sound like a typical Los Angeles sports fan. Sorry to say, I would not have made the bet you (pretend that you) made.

Stupid was left off of the option list. Win, lose, or draw you only gamble with what you can afford to lose.

The Bills did not look particularly good against Miami, and Miami is a lousy team.  Looks like this time next week, you'll be homeless, chump.

• Cu Tie

This is a smart bet. The Buffalo Bills are one of the Top 3 teams in the NFL, while this is supposed to be a rebuilding year for the Rams. I think the Rams get a reality check in Week 3.

• Mier

The Rams are going to etch out a narrow win. Theyre also a better team than Buffalo. 

Right now the SF 49ers looks pretty injury riddled. Initially I had picked them to go back to and win the Super Bowl but likely not now with a few key players out. The Seahawks are there but I think LA can be the best team in the NFC west at the end of the season.

• Nick

At first I didn't like it, I think The Rams are better than The Bills. But actually I think you might be right about the travel issue. It's early, but I'm starting to think travel issues are worse than a normal year do to teams avoiding staying in town for long. So far the home/away splits this year have been larger than a normal year, despite the lack of crowds. And teams always have trouble going from one coast to the other. On the other hand I agree with Faricy, Bills might just be a poison pill from a betting standpoint either for or against. They are too unpredictable at QB.

Jared Goofball is a system QB who still has a giant leash around his neck from McVay who still doesn't trust him. If he can go another game without turning the ball over they got a good shot but I doubt he will so I'd go with Buffalo too!

I would not bet on the Bills at all this season.  They are a strong team but they will have some head-scratchers this year.  Losing at home to a decent Rams team could easily be one of them.

You may be either one, you might be both, you might be neither.

Not enough information to determine.