Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Are you glad Uncle Bens are changing their name to Bens Original?

Update:

Will lucky charms be next for the guillotine? where will all this end?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Adam
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It’s probably more racist to change the name than leaving it as it is....if he was white and it was called uncle bens then it would never have changed, it seems you can’t have a black person on anything nowadays...the word has gone mad.

Very few people would have been offended by the rice, but even a minority of a minority will result in things getting changed.

I’m the U.K. we you can’t sing bah bah black sheep in nursery, some now sing bah bah rainbow sheep...crazy 

• 4 weeks ago

Whats next... FAMOUS AMOS COOKIES,

'

Let's take the PICTURE of ANY PERSON OFF EVERYTHING, WHITE, RED, BLACK whatever.. REMOVE every FACE there is on everything. STOP having ANY PEOPLE shown in any ADVERTISEMENT THERE IS.. 

'

SHOW JUST the PRODUCT and NOTHING ELSE, Remove all people from Cars, SUV's etc.. 

'

SHOW JUST THE VEHICLE.. NO ONE has to be seen driving it.. 

'

JUST SHOW THE PRODUCT BEING SOLD and NOTHING OR ANYONE else. 

'

IF YOU ADVERTISE A GYM... JUST SHOW THE EQUIPMENT NO ONE working out of using it as it may offend some FAT PERSON who cannot use it.

'

REMOVE ANY AND ALL CARTOONS and etc. They are always some color,, 

'

SHOW NO CARTOON CHARACTERS of anyone because someone of the same or different color may be offended, MAKE ALL Cartoons etc. just OUTLINES and no colors or features so NO ONE is offended.. 

'

OH we gotta stop that to because someone will not like the BLACK or COLORED INK used.. 

'

NO MORE lucky charms because the little man dressed in green my offend someone who is short.

• 4 weeks ago

I am not glad or otherwise as it was only a brand name,but I do understand where they are coming from.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Are they getting rid of the picture of the black man on there? I think they should add some white people, Asians, Chinese, gays and lesbian's, and a few disabled people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I was not aware of that change until this moment. I tend not to buy branded goods in things such as rice.

• Ludwig
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Doesn't bother me.  I buy high grade 'Royal Basmati' rice in large sacks from the Pakistani shop.  'Uncle Bens' is third rate.

• 4 weeks ago

he is still Bens, he is still black, he is still selling white rice, what changed?

stupidity never ends.

tmm

• 1 month ago

Was it something to do with Uncle Tom or something?  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, it's ridiculous.

• Traci
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

No, it is simple black racism and a company bowing to BLM.  So sick of  black hypocrisy!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, just more pandering to the terminally stupid.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.