Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 4 weeks ago

Are the so-called incels just voluntarily celibate with attitude issues ?

If they can’t find a meaningful romantic relationship, that’s a different issue. That’s not about sex. 

But how is it not possible for a person to get sex these days? With Internet apps, you can connect with anyone for a quick sex easily. Even ugly, unhygienic people can connect with similar ugly people. 

• Bill
    Favorite Answer

They don't want a slut. Just listen to them a bit and becomes obvious they are talking about dating and getting rejected. 

No, that's nonsense. You're just going to have to accept that they're in a situation *you* cannot comprehend. Maybe it ain't YOU or anyone you know, but you CAN'T not know that some folks jes' can't get anybody.

Anybody who's ever gone to a high school, or hung out at a bar, a club, lived in an apartment building, been in ANY social venue, has SEEN folks like that.

What other obvious truths do you deny? Are you a flat-earther? 

• Foofa

Most romances start with a level of physical attraction and if you have a block to where you can't be attracted to the people who are attracted to you you won't get far. It's impossible to get sex when you refuse to have it with the people who want you and your opening line to everyone else is some snarky comment comparing their genitalia to deli meat. 

Incel is a political blanket only Americans use because in their country they are still at the mental age of calling someone a virgin for disagreeing with them. Honestly I’m from the UK and have only ever been called it by an angry American over the Internet for having a pro male or anti chivalry/feminism opinion🤷🏼‍♂️. 

Better yet, why do they give themselves such labels? I’m not a sexually driven guy so don’t actively search for it but I find it WAY easier to find than a meaningful romantic relationship. When single I do struggle securing girlfriends as yes I do have high standards but when I’ve been single too long I don’t start going public with my struggles. It’s bizarre to me. 

Blame Elliot Rodger as he’s the reason these trolls receive any attention whatsoever.