Everyone can connect to WiFi except my laptop and phone.?

Hello everyone, I’m not the one having this issue but my girlfriend. We talk everyday and this issue she has won’t let us, so I would really appreciate your help.

Every time she tries to connect to WiFi it doesn’t let her, she writes the password and then it says “connecting” and then just doesn’t connect at all. It doesn’t tell her the password wasn’t correct or anything, just doesn’t connect to the network. The other people with which she lives use the WiFi no problem.

Sadly, I don’t have many specifications. I can tell you that her laptop is a touchscreen Dell, she has a Samsung phone, her router is from a brand called Arris and 2 days ago she used netcut for disconnecting some devices, don’t think that has anything to do with the issue but hope it’s relevant. I will try to give more specifications if anyone needs them

Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks to everyone for your help. We have tried rebooting the devices, router everything and none of it has worked. We don’t believe it has to do with netcut because while netcut let’s you connect to the WiFi but makes it not work, her devices can’t connect at all. Any other suggestions would be highly appreciated. In any case, thanks for your help, you all really are giving us a hand over here.

• BigE

First, turn off the netcut computer or app by powering it down. Not disconnecting it, not disabling it.  Turn it off.

Then power cycle the router.  This should clear the ARP cache.  We could wait a few seconds, but this definitely clears it.

Now connect to the router with a non-netcut installed device and see if it works. Forgetting the network is always good to do also.

Update: DId you leave the netcut device down?  I believe the minute it comes up, it will proxy arp and block you.  And you can look at the arp table to see it.

First I'd go into the Wi-Fi settings and tell the device (phone & PC) to "forget" that network.  If she fat fingered the password the first time the device may keep trying to use the initial password she loaded, even if she attempted to enter it a second time.

Power down her devices.

Reboot the router (unplug it, wait 2ish minutes, plug it back in) then wait 2ish minutes for the router to complete the boot-up process.

Restart her devices and try to connect again.   If possible, have the device show the password to be sure she entered correctly. 

Is it possible her roommates are messing with her by blocking her devices from attaching?

Any newer routers no longer do this, but some of the older consumer routers used to limit the number of simultaneous connections.  If after rebooting the router she is able to connect, but one of her roommates is no longer able to connect you may suggest they look in the configuration of the router to see if there is a connection limit.

Added info --

Reset the router to factory default and reconfigure it from scratch.

• David

If she was using netcut it is possible to disable/block phones computers network devices etc. so quite possibly that has something to do with it.

Good night, have you visited Yahoo from other countries?