Do you get irritated when someone tries to tell you what you should do with your hair?

Okay I’m not going to saying any relations on anyone but one of my relatives said she thinks really short hair would good on me and I should try it. I just got my hair to grow back for a couple years. I know it grows back but I’m trying to get my hair to at least medium length. People say I have the face for it and not a lot of people can pull it off. Anyways I complimented her on her new hair dye which is cute but she said, “I’ve been trying to get you to cut your hair short but you didn’t wanna do it.” I told her, “Well it’s MY hair.” I don’t understand why she keeps bugging me to cut my hair short. She said long hair isn’t in style anymore. I don’t care about that. I don’t know if she does that to the other ladies but why only me? Has this happened to you? 

I understand she wants me to try something new but I’m grown woman. Let me be. I like my hair in twists. Has this happened to you?

• Thanks for the suggestion but you don't want to hear any more about you cutting your hair. You like it the way it is and you're not changing it for any one. 

No one has told me what I should do with my hair. As long as I'm happy with my hair they will learn to accept / adapt to any changes.

Long hair that has some shape to it is in style.

• Audrey

She's jealous of how good you look with longer hair.  Don't pay any attention to her!