seeking low income senior housing?
- Christin KLv 71 month ago
Why are you asking here on Yahoo answers? We have NO idea where you are, or what senior services might be in that area--this isn't the place you need to be requesting the information. Call your local Senior Services office, welfare, office or housing office.
- SCATTY cLv 61 month ago
Ok Bill, where would you like this housing? A country might be a start and, even better, a city or neighbourhood.
This is an international site. Not a local group forum
- babyboomer1001Lv 71 month ago
There's no such thing. Care homes require money. If you haven't got it, then move in with family, or put up with a cheap apartment.Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
- G RLv 71 month ago
ok and what is your question
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- ANDRE LLv 71 month ago
Google 'low income senior housing (your unspecified location)'.
- MarkLv 61 month ago
It varies by location. See if your city or county has a Senior services department. They will have a list of properties.
If you are looking for subsidized housing, again it varies and wait lists can be long.
Also try church-sponsored senior housing.
When we looked for my late mother, our hometown (pop 25K) actually had three options:
1. Subsidized housing. No meal service (other than Meals on Wheels), but it was based on a percentage of your income from SS and pension.
2. A church-sponsored housing that was actually an old motel. Communal dining service, but very small rooms, no cooking in rooms. But very cheap.
3. A commercial property at a beautiful converted military school. Meal service included in price. Most expensive, but larger room, community activities, pool. Was still affordable with SS and pension.
- realtor.sailorLv 71 month ago
Check with your county's Human Relations (not human resources) and HUD.
- MaxiLv 71 month ago
That is a statement not a question!