Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 4 weeks ago

How do I start my own small business?

Or just a business in general. I never took any business or finance classes in high school and am 25 years of age. I know I can google this question but I would like an answer from Yahoo. Also what is the difference between running a business and running a company. I hear big business and small business and seems like company is some big building in a city or some sht. Please explain for my all about how to start a business and what it is and how it all works, thanks in advance.

Running a business is the same as running a company. Either way, you're running a business.

But listen--no one can give you advice here--number one, no one knows what sort of business you are interested in starting, and no one can give you any GENERAL information about this unless you provide some further details. 

The answer can be very long, or short--and it all depends on what you want to do. Do you have a business in mind? Do you have any cash? Do you have stock--supplies--service contacts?  There are just too many variables for you to get any kind of good answer. Once you provide more info, it may be possible to help you. 

First you make a business plan for the kind of business you want to get into.

Then you follow that plan.

It would help to first have a job in a small business, so you can see for yourself what's involved.

• Jay

There's a book called How to Create Fund and Start Your Own Business. Check the library and used bookstores and read it.

You can also just stop by a college or university bookstore and buy a first or second year business text book and read it. No one will stop you. You just cannot take the classes unless you register at the university.

And finally you can just go to the Fiverr site and buy a bunch of basic business plans and read them until you understand how to start that business (or decide that business is not one you want to start)

oh, yes...I forgot...you can get a job at a business you like and work there and learn all about it...then buy it from the owner. That works also. Lots of people do that.

• John

YA is a short question and answer forum.  You are asking for someone to write a book for you.  That isn't going to happen.

The Small Business Administration (SBA) has a series of free online lessons for those who want to start a business.  The lessons cover everything from financing, to record keeping, to marketing.  I suggest you start there.

• Tavy

You need an idea

You need the money to start a business

You need to advertise

You need to consult an accountant to tell you how to keep accounts.

Start with saving a bunch of money.

You aren't gonna get anywhere with yahoo answers kiddo. so take some classes about business. and if yahoo answers is the first place you look for help then maybe you shouldn't be owning a business