brianna asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Thyroid disease?

I have all of the symptoms of hypothyroid: weight gain, chronic fatigue (i can't get through the day awake), dry skin, constipation, ect. I also have: anxiety, sweating/heat sensitivity, hand shaking, irritability. I got my blood drawn and tested <0.1% for ths and 2.2ng/dl for Free t4. This means I have hyperthyroidism. How??? why am I overweight and exhausted but I have a disease that causes weight loss and energy? I have never been underweight or energetic. Can anyone help me make sense of this? Will treatment make me gain even more weight? Why am I so exhausted (the whole reason I got tested in the first place because its so bad)?

also I have hair thinning and I'm only 23 which is another hypo symptom??

also I eat primarily vegetarian and extremely healthy but have a HUGE appetite. Like starving shortly after I eat a full well rounded meal

Im not on any medication except bc. I was on zoloft 200mg/day for years but stopped maybe 1 or 2 years ago and my symptoms have been horrible this year. I used to be energized enough to exercise every day (still didnt lose much weight) but now I can't

As someone with hypothyroidism (I was diagnosed at 16 and I’m 23 now), I would say go and talk to your doctor about getting your hormones tested. Hormones in general are a tricky thing and it’s best to discuss them with a doctor to see of medication is right for you. 

Many hyperthyroid and hypothyroid symptoms overlap. A lot is dependant on WHY you are hyper or hypothyroid.

Are you on corticosteroid therapy, which is well-known to suppress TSH levels? Other medications include dopamine and dobutamine do also.