Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 1 month ago

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong with my fish ?

He has had it a few months now this white bump right above his eye I've tried fungal medicine a few times in his water but it didn't help at all and he wouldn't want to swim when I would add it to his water. Now he's starting to lose color and he doesn't look as healthy as he once did I'm worried if I don't figure out what it is he might die. If this looks familiar at all I could really use some help 

• kswck2

You can try a broad base antibiotic. Just remove any carbon filters during medicating and do a water change afterwards. If he still has it, it might just be a bump and won't threaten him. 

Sometimes a bump is just a bump, and medicine can be harsh and have ill effects.  I suggest, since it didnt work, remove the meds with fresh carbon if that is required, ad a stress caot product, do NOT add melifix, or betta fix.  Make sure it is eating good, consider more tempting options if he is not, like blood worms, new life spectra pellets, the all have tempting garlic!, and Daphnia.  And make sure the temperature is stable and at 78-82 F. 

Side view, it hasn't gotten bigger at all but it's not fungal so I'm not sure what it could be