The asked in HealthDental · 4 weeks ago

going to dentist with really bad teeth?

so my parents never had money to take me to dentist. I have never been to dentist my entire life and now have really bad teeth. I finally have enough money to fix my teeth but i am scared and embarrassed to go now. My teeth are really rotten and its causing me to have bad breath I can't get rid of. I am ashamed. Can anyone help me with this please?

One thing is certain in that continuing to leave your teeth untreated will only allow the situation to worsen. Find a dentist that you like and discuss the available options to sort out your problems.

Source(s): Retired dentist

the dentist will cringe but he gets money

your money

go

feel good about it

and most of all...

brush better

Fix your teeth and you'll get rid of the bad breath. There's no reason to be embarrassed as you're far from being alone.

There is no reason for you to feel ashamed. You had no control over your parents' financial health when you were young--and you never learned what to do or how to do it. Your dentist, if he/she is any good, will completely understand this. They see this all the time. You're doing the right thing now--and within one or two visits, your bad breath and your embarrassment will disappear because you will have better teeth and better oral hygiene. Believe me--I was in exactly the same position as you once. Now, I go to my dentist every six months, my teeth are fine, and I'm not at all ashamed. 

This is pretty common--and your dentist will tell you that, too. Nothing to be embarrassed about. When you make your first appointment, explain it to the receptionist, and the dentist will be expecting it. And if you get SHAMED by your dentist, find another one. No dentist should do that--and 99% of them won't--but you never know. So if they do, don't go back. And let them know why. 

Good luck. I think you'll be happy to get this problem taken care of. 

if your fixated thinking a "dentist" will "save your life" just brush floss and use wash and make an appointment with dentist. 

its a good idea anyway if a doctor has never looked at your teeth.

I can't help, as I have no degree in dentistry. Sorry.

when u get to the dentist tell him that your parents never took you to the dentist

Dentists see all kind of conditions in their practices. They are not judgmental and will treat you with respect and kindness. They try to keep the pain to an absolute minimum. They even have techniques to minimize the discomfort if they have to give you an injection. They minimize pain not only for you comfort but from a practical standpoint it is in their best interest. Their job is easier is you are feeling no pain. Also you are more likely to not come back if they cause you a lot of discomfort.

.

Relax, you are doing the right thing and the dentist will be there to help you. 

I have bad teeth too, because I don't have a dental plan.  I also do not qualify for welfare.  If I was on welfare, I'd have lovely teeth.  I had a toothache last week and I went to a dentist and paid out of my own pocket.  I couldn't care less what they thought of me, but nobody said anything.  They recommended this huge treatment plan that would have cost thousands and I laughed and said if they want to do it for free, go right ahead.

Just go and if the dentist says anything negative, complain and perhaps you could even launch a lawsuit against them.

I think that doctors are for sick people, and dentists are for people with bad teeth.   Perfect people don't go there, just those who need help.   Whoever your dentist will be, will surely be a kind and compassionate person.  You will probably wonder why you waited so long.   Go ahead and be taken care of.  It's time.