I got hit and their insurance ghosted?

I got hit by a limo driver on 8/21 and his insurance ghosted me. I use my car for work so i was forced to rent a rental after the accident at about 30 dollars a day. Now ive called and left messages everyday since the accident and have only now 9/22 been able to get anyone on the phone at the other insurance agency. However theyre telling me they wont cover the cost of the rental until they assume responsibility for the accident.  Im pissed because as a result of their limo driver hitting me I HAD to get a rental to continue to work and now theyre refusing reimbursement. My question is can I take them to court over this because I would not have had to even rent a car had he not hit me and its silly to say i assume responsibility on 9/22 for an accident that happened on 8/21. Responsibility should go back to the date of the accident. 

Also how does injury claims work do you need to go to the doctor first or how does that work

Talk to a car crash lawyer and they can answer everything.

• D50

If you had collison or comprehensive, you should just make a claim thru your insurance company. They will sue the limo company. If you had only liability, you will have to sue them yourself. People do this all the time. Just watch Judge Judy.

Did you contact YOUR insurance? Did you fill out a Police Report? Did you get a witness? Read your insurance policy, specifically about accident coverage. Most polices grant 10 bucks a day & the collision repair company will take you to the rental company. Usually, it takes a month. If both companies are investigating. As for injury claim, you need to talk to your insurance. Maybe go to an If Hurt lawyer.

• May

What the h3ll does "ghosting" MEAN?   Is it just another cute made up phony word?

You don't have to "take anyone to court"  All you have to do is to use your own insurance.  They are experts and will be able to answer all of your questions and get your car repaired.  If you were injured, get medical treatment.  If you don't get treated, you can't make an injury claim.  If any suing needs to be done, your own insurance company and their many free to you lawyers will do the suing.   

If you don't have insurance, then you are in deep do do and shouldn't have been on the road.

• Willie

Sue the driver and also his insurance that is suppose to work for him to get you the money.

The reason they ghosted you is because you called too much.

First, and most importantly, you need to stop calling.  Every time you call, it sends a message that if they never pay, then all you will do about it is to make more phone calls.  The first and most important step is to stop calling, so that they don't think that you're going to spend the rest of your life calling and never do anything else.

The next step is to send a written letter, by certified U.S. mail, return receipt requested, without calling.  In some cases, that alone will be enough to get them to pay, because it tells them that if they don't pay, then you wlll do more than just call.

If you aren't injured enough to need to go to a doctor for treatment, then you're probably not injured enough for much of an injury claim.  If the only reason you are even considering going to a doctor is so you can make an injury claim, then you're probably not injured enough for much of an injury claim.

You need to talk to someone who knows how this stuff works in your mystery location.  Asking total strangers online, especially without providing any useful information, isn't going to help you.

Only one thing is for sure:  You're not getting paid for your injuries.  If you haven't even seen a doctor 30 days after the accident, you weren't injured.  No insurance company is going to fall for that, they've seen it too many times before.

Was your vehicle not insured?

• Barry

Your own insurance company should handle the matter. That's what you pay premiums for.

Their insurance "ghosted" you? Please use normal terminology and not slang to explain what happened. A lot of people don't know what that means, including me. 

.

When you need to see a doctor, don't be stupid, just go and then worry about the insurancepayments afterward. 

.

Let me guess, you don't have any health insurance as required by law. Big fail.