Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 1 month ago

He rarely contacts me?

I’m 34 dating a 57 year old guy. We are long distance and regularly meet up on weekends at his house and go on long breaks together. He’s got a high power job that pays a lot  so I know he’s busy but he rarely calls/texts.  He always organises holidays and when we are together he’s very attentive and barely looks at his fone. He gives me 100%. He treats me so well. Should I be worried though once he’s back to work he doesn’t call/text? 

He obviously has a devotion to fulfilling his obligations at work which take a large portion of his time. I wouldn't worry at all.

• Maxi

He is a completely different generation to you, and  not from a generation that would hang onto his phone or use it like his life depends on it, it is just a tool for his convience and when at work that is what he uses it for, work.

It just means he is busy probably. You can call him you know. Does not belong in personal finance.

And that is what age gap is, Don't think too much about it, it can work no matter the age IMO, but yeah, older people are not always at their phone, and I(30, an IT support specialist) sometimes spend days without looking at my phone, it means nothing

I can tell you by the way I AM, that there is people that care, really care, but they are not always in the phone with those they love, and it's something that people that are used to that need to get their peace with, as is just a way of being

You just(Both) need to find a middle point, both adapt to each other, and make it work, on the end of the day, a good relationship costs to get, but it is fulfilling in the end

Edit: By the by, unless he is a SD (Bad joke, I know) you asked with the wrong tags, as it is posted in the Finances section

Source(s): My own personality and the way I care about people

I would worry now, I am sorry.

he maybe married. That may explain him not calling or texting you.

for your sake I hope I am wrong.

Don't expect everyone to live on their phones.   Typically teenagers do, adults do not. 

It sounds like you are a welcome break from his busy work schedule, but nothing more. 

It seems strange that he goes out of his way to bring you to his place, and do fun things together. Maybe he is so busy at work and he doesn't want to waste time with everyday phone calls such as "how are you today".  It could be that it's just the way he is and part of the high profile job. But, it sounds like you've put a lot into the relationship so far, and if you find yourself somewhat lonely during the week then perhaps you should find out what the deal is.  If I was seeing someone on a regular basis like this, I would want to chat at least one or two nights a week, in-between visits.  As time goes on, and if things get more serious then something will have to change.

• Tavy

That generation are not into continually calling and texting. He's nearly 60 , he was not brought up that way.

I'm 70, I don't do it either.

Unless you have reason to suspect, I would say no. Not everyone, especially that generation is so into constant texting and the like. If this relationship works (for you) then it is what it is. If its not, then you need to re-evaluate and possibly discuss this.