What's the best way to get rid of a hangover?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Drink a big glass of water before you go to bed.   Get up four hours before you plan to get up and drink another big glass of water.   Do the same two hours before you plan to get up.    Dehydration is the main cause of the hangover so if you wake up hydrated you will have far less of a hangover. 

• 1 month ago

1. Honeydew Melon

2. McDonald’s Happy Meal

3. Bloody Mary

• D50
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Keep yourself hydrated and wait.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Chocolate milk the next morning. Water before going to bed. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Drink more, if you stay drunk you will never have a hangover

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Rest and fluids.  And when you can, a decent meal.

Well...or hair of the dog, and let me tell you, when you are REALLY hung over that can be tough to face.

I find it easiest to avoid the hangover by Drinking "clean" alcohols and avoiding sugared mixers.  White Agave Tequila and a good quality vodka are the cleanest spirits, Titos is exceptionally clean and I have NEVER had an adverse effect from drinking amounts of Titos that I am not even willing to admit to.

Better quality wines and beers are less likely to give a hangover than low quality ones.

I almost never have any sort of mixer with sugar.  If I want to mix my spirits I usually use sparkling water and sometimes add just a splash of fruit juice.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

drinking makes you dehydrated so water.

• Ona
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The electrolyte-replacing drinks originally marketed for babies and little kids. I saw a bunch of physicians drinking it every morning on vacation and copied from them. 

The Dollar Tree carries a version of it, and it has less sugar than the name brand at 1/6 the price.

And, needless to say, burgers, pizza, Italian subs, water, Coke, ginger ale, motrin, couch and TV.

Cheers!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Prevention.

Not that you shouldn't drink as much, although that may be true. Much of the pain of a hangover is due to dehydration, so before you go to bed drunk, drink at least 16 ounces of water. More is better. Do it again when you get up, and take OTC pain medication like ibuprofen.

If you're hungry but the idea of food is nauseating, try dry toast or crackers.

Limit coffee, since it's a diuretic that makes you pee more. You can have it if you must, but no sipping all morning.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

For me?  

Mild hangover cure:  Ice cold diet coke and then a double cheeseburger.    Cold, fizzy caffeine followed by comfort food/protein. 

Bad hangover cure:  Puke, drink water, go back to bed.  Then in four hours proceed to mild hangover cure.

YMMV.

Seriously, if I know my SIL is coming over for the evening, I will literally go get myself a drive-thru burger and stick it in the fridge for the morning.   Somehow my SIL always gets me to drink just one more beer.   UGH. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.