Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 4 weeks ago

If you owned a super car where would you park it?

Let’s say you owned a super car and it can be any but my dream is a Nissan GT-R. Let’s pretend you only own the supercar i know that’s crazy. So you daily drive it and take it to the store or anywhere. My dumb question is where would you park it? Would you rather park it next to a lot of cars so it’s in view of people? Or park it across the parking lot where it’s empty? I’m just overthinking since I obviously don’t own one. You wouldn’t want anything happening to your car so what’s the safest? Empty has a chance of being robbed or broken since nobody can see your car. And next to a lot of cars somebody can scratch it or crash it. Is buying dashcams a good idea? But you would need 2 for front and back view just in case.

Favorite Answer

I parked my Ferrari in the handiest space close to the door.  You remember the saying "If you have to ask the price, then you can't afford it."  ?   Well, if you have to worry about where you are going to park your car (super, or otherwise) then you will never enjoy it.

• Willie
    1 week ago

I would drive my old 1996 Nissan Sentra and leave the other one at home.

I have an $$ new Mazda, Yes I worry. Even about pigeon droppings.

It WILL go in my garage as soon as its cleared. I am in a safe neighborhood, no one touches anyone else's  ride. I am home most of the day so I look out for them, too.

• F

At home I have a garage but it’s probably too narrow but I could widen it if I could afford a super car. 

When out it’s more of a problem. Probably best on a street, it won’t stick out too much, ( there’s always someone who parks a Micra  a taxi ride from the kerb, and the length aren’t much more than average. Car parks are a problem, certainly in the UK, as the people who design them are using 1950s car sizes to mark out spaces. These are tight for normal cars let alone supercars. If you straddle two spaces done jealous git will probably key your car and the car park owners slap you a ticket for improper parking.

• Anton

I am in Los Angeles, people own and drive "super" cars.

In the streets, traffic generally moves 10 to 15 mph over the posted speed.

*Except* for the super cars.  They must stay below the posted speed.

Wife has a ratty hot rod that she has owned for over 35 years.

If she drives it into Torrance, she *will* be pulled over by the cops.

It is NOT fun driving a super car in city traffic.

If you have a super car what can you do?  Ignore.  The odds of being stolen is less than for a car is common and are being stolen for parts.  As long as you don't park in two or four parking spaces, people do not key you.

I'd stick to C class even if I was a billionaire.

In your garage.......

I hate Super cars. Lincoln Navigators are the best vehicles