Help understanding A.I.R.E?

Hello, I am registered with the A.I.R.E in Italy. I just wanted to understand whether I am actually a citizen. Because I don’t have a certificate. I was registered when I was born because my father is an Italian citizen. Every time I have emailed the consulate they don’t respond and I’m desperate to try and understand what exactly I am and if I can apply for the Italian passport. 

• Maxi

AIRE is the acronym for Anagrafe degli Italiani Residenti all'Estero, meaning the Registry of Italians Residing Abroad.

So you just apply as any other Italian citizen would

If your father was a citizen of Italy when you were born then you are almost certainly a citizen of Italy through descent.  Gather the documents proving your father's citizenship and apply for an Italian passport. 

Realize most Embassies and Consulates around the world are operating on  a reduced level due to the virus restrictions and that may be why your e-mail messages have received no response.