Pulled over?

So I just passed my driving test woohoo! My car is ready to go. But since I got tested through a third party provider (not the dmv) I have to go to the dmv to have my picture taken and my DL printed out. However there’s not a single appointment open until next year. Let’s say I did drive and got pulled over for whatever reason. Would I get into serious trouble for not having my physical DL even though I’ve passed my test and am just waiting? 

• Bill

Check with the DMV offices in  meighboring tons to see if thry have quicker appointments.  You can go to ny branch in your State!

• car253

Laws vary by state.   What state are you in?

In California the only time that the DMV would not test is for a motorcycle license because you have to go through special training at an approved motorcycle school. 

Please post your state for more help.     

You HAVE TO PASS THE TEST BY THE DMV.  THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A THIRD PARTY.  You got ripped off.  Only the DMV examiner testing is the one that counts. He is a GOVERNMENT official of the State.

. All you passed was a practice exam (written) and possibly some clown took money from you to do a road test.  He passed you (but his word don't mean SCHIT)

. NOW you got to go where the those with their BIG BOY PANT GO, and do the REAL TEST OVER AGAIN .  Both the written and then you got to make an appointment for taking the "road test in your car" [as there are many others taking the same tests.  There is only so many Licensed Government Examiners to do the road test, so you take a number and wait your turn.

. All this is written in your Drivers Training Manual and explained out. You got conned with the 3rd party Examiner.

.  If you listen real hard you might hear "Tinker Bell".  Yeah, time to grow up.

You've asked this question before.  

What's your plan here?  Keep asking the same question over and over, wait for someone to tell you what you want to hear, then insist that their answer is right if you get caught?  Tell the cop or judge "No no, you're wrong, some guy named Lemmy Whackett from Yahoo Answers said it's totally legal." and case closed?

Because that's not a very good plan, just so you know.

Not if you have a temporary.

• May

So Since your DMV hasn't issued a license to you , so you would be cited for driving without a license. so...............oh..and "whoope".

The "so" generation

If they issued you a temporary license, yes, until it expires. If you didn't get a temporary, no. If caught your forthcoming license will be suspended or revoked.

no license means you are not licensed to drive. Period.

Yes.  If the DMV has issued a license and you just haven't received it because the mail is slow, or you left it home, that might or might not be a big deal.  But since they haven't issued a license, you aren't licensed to drive.  It's illegal and of course you would be in serious trouble.  Passing the test doesn't entitle you to drive.

Laws vary from state to state but more than likely you won't be eligible to get your DL until you're 18, if convicted for driving without having one.