Driving without my physical license ?

I’m 18, and just passed my driving test through a third party driver school. They’ve sent my data to the dmv and given me a paper that confirms my test and my passing grade. There are NO appointments available at all to get into the DMV. Would I be okay to drive while I’m waiting for an appointment to open to have my license printed? Or should I just wait? 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Take a close look at that paper you were given, the one that confirms your passing grade.  Look for anything saying that this document serves as your temporary licence to drive.

If you don't see that clearly printed on the document, you'll have to wait.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You must have Some temp license, piece paper? if it stays so, UR Ok. I've had temporary paper license, technically receipt  from MVD, like when I lost my license. It was just as valid as a laminated one for that tens  days as stated on it.

you do NOT "have to take road test" Over as you Passed it Thru that school. 

If you do not have even a paper saying it is temp license, no. Without  a valid DL or receipt from MVD/DMV whomever, U R not ok to legally drive on a public street.

• L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

WAIT.  Just because you passed the Driving Test, through a third party driver school, you are still REQUIRED to take a Driver's Test with your DMV.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You MUST have some kind of accepted document in your possession while driving.  That's the law.  Maybe a call or visit to the DMV will get you an answer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • lj1
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You don't have a license. You passed driving school. You still have to take the written and/or road test through the DMV. When they process the paperwork from the driving school, you will be eligible to take the test. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In MY State you must have your valid drivers license WITH YOU.  You will be ticketed and have to go to Court.  I don't know what the Judge will say.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Hi I’m 18, and just passed my driving test through a third party driver school., I'm Dad 👨

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You're asking if it's okay to drive without a license.

That's a solid no.

• 1 month ago

No. Have your parents take you still 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.