Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

What do you do after realizing your parent has a personality disorder?

I believe my mom has undiagnosed bipolar and narcissistic personality disorder. How can I cope with it? I plan on moving out. I'm 23. But I feel so guilty. I'm having a hard time accepting the fact my mom might have a personality disorder. Please help

• Evi
    Favorite Answer

If your mom has any mental health issues then she needs to see a doctor who can help her. You don't need to feel guilty about anything as your not to blame for someone else's health issues. Move out and get your own place, but let your mom know you are there if she needs you. But don't let it take your life over, you will need time to yourself to recuperate (relax, get your own mind in a healthy place) so you're better able to deal with your mom's issues. 

Source(s): I have bipolar so I can relate on a certain level

hello let them read Paramahansa Yogananda's Autobiography of a Yogi this book is about enlightenment and the soul of God's bliss is a book that is good for people changes them for the better makes them feel healed

Paramahansa Yogananda founded the Self Realization Fellowship SRF in Los Angeles

• LAN

Exactly what makes you qualified to make that diagnosis?   Sounds like you are the one with the real problem.

I would talk to her about it. You should not feel guilty about moving out , but do support her if she wants to get some help for it. Do not let her guilt you into staying and its not your fault so do not feel you did something to cause it. accepting it may take some time. she may not know she has anything wrong with her.