Can someone give me advice? (toxic moms)?

So, I'm 18 years old and I still live with my mom, but she is toxic. Sometimes we are good and then other times she can get very mean and cold. I want her respect and her to be able to let me have space and not always be so controlling. Today my boyfriend said he doesn't even want to talk to her anymore. Like... that's not healthy. Anyways how should I Handle this

• Lisa A

You should move out so that you and your mother have some space between you. It could improve your relationship.

You could start by telling your mum you are worried about her. That she is behaving irrationally and maybe she should make an appointment to see a brain specialist..

I know that is likely to go down quicker than the titanic hitting the iceberg, but if you say it as if you are truly concerned there is a slim chance she might realise she IS behaving irrationally.

Hi 18 years old and I still live with my mom, but she is toxic. I'm Dad 👨

If you are in high school, hang on one more year. If you are not, look at securing your own place to live with roommates and move out. It's doable, even while going to college. You just need to be smart with the resources you do have. So first find a job you can depend on then make plans. Distance between you and her could really help.