Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

why are people panic buying toilet paper again? (What does toilet paper psychologically represent to people that makes them do this?)?

just heard on the SKY news in the U.K. that people are panic buying loo rolls again. and was wondering why? what toilet paper represents to people that makes them do this? will happen again in the USA and elsewhere? (Remember Australia and South Africa also had reports of this phenomenon, but why?)

Favorite Answer

Toilet paper has become a symbol of safety and preparedness during the pandemic as fear of infection has risen...

This could be a symptom of the fear and confusion that is spreading in this uncertain and increasingly frightening world. When those in whom the public place their faith prove to be unable to help, protect and defend them as currently. Panic ensues.

I noticed that the last time I was in Tesco. It is an odd reaction. Maybe it is just something positive people feel they can do for themselves in an uncertain time. 

Next it will be long life milk and pasta. Unaccountably Dijon mustard was sold out, but I think that is a coincidence.

I guess it's the one 'essential' that most people think they need.   And frankly people can be like sheep - if they see somebody picking up a load of T-paper, they COPY.   I guess some people with Covid 19 may get diarrhoea, but this isn't typical.

I buy T paper at Costco, or Loewe's by the case. If you need some, just ask. Of course you pay shipping & handling. Just send me 50 pounds & I'll mail you 4 rolls.

See? That's why.

bra stuffing season

• Lv 7

it represents to them their own monetary currency (or what it will be soon)