Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 weeks ago

Why is it bad to live at home?

I've never told my friend that I've lived by myself for a few years in the past while she has been living by herself in recent years. So this week she was like "you won't live by yourself until marriage right?" in kinda sarcastic way.

• April
    Favorite Answer

Society has a stigma that people who live with their parents are lazy and lack the maturity to live on their own. I went through the same thing in my 20s. Of course there will be people who frown on you. Sometimes it's just jealousy. Sometimes people like to get away from their parents (and get roommates) so they have the privacy to party and date. 

However, it's ill advised to let these people's opinions get to you. No one knows your situation. Take charge of your own life. 

I don't think it is bad. I did it while paying off my student loans. I was lucky to have a parent who welcomed me. It did work out for both of us, as I lived with my Mom and took care of the yard work, snow removal, house cleaning, food shopping, etc. 

What?

Besides the homeless, who does not live at home?

i dont think its bad to live at home