Ash asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Help? What do I do.?

So, I've been noticing a bad coping habit I've developed. I tend to block out, ignore, or even forget bad things that have and/or are happening. It keeps he in a rather light mood, but, it also causes a lot of problems in my relationship. What can I do to help or fix it? I don't want to lose the one I love because of something so stupid. Thank you for any and all help.

• Carmen

Wisdom comes along with age and treating people like you want to be treated doesn’t hurt either always remember the Golden Rule. Love is a two way street you have to give respect to get respect. You have to make sacrifices to receive blessings. Ignoring someone in a relationship because you’re having a bad day week moment is not the solution it creates more problem. Communication is very important in a relationship if it’s only one sided then it leaves the door open for the other person to walk out. Pray over matter and readjust your thinking as needed. Appreciate what you have while you have it. It takes two to make a relationship put in the work and reap the benefits for you both. If their is something else personal going on with you that might require medical or professional help seek it. 

The book recommended most often by mental health professionals is The Feeling Good Handbook by psychiatrist David Burns. It has practical advice for a wide variety of things, including relationships. Authoritative Guide to Self-Help Resources, based on polls of more than 3,000 professionals, has chapters for 36 different problems, with ratings of books, motion pictures, and Internet resources. You should be able to get the answer to your question with these two books.