Anonymous

I hate writing essays because I don’t like to express my emotions, what do I do?

I’m in my last year of high school. I know in college, you have to write (or type) multiple-page essays, and I am not ready. I hate expressing my emotions. I don’t like to put my feelings in an essay. For example, “this painting evokes a feeling of...” I just can’t do that. I hate sharing my feelings or beliefs. I’m good with objective, scientific essays though.

Well, you're in luck. I'd say 99% of college essays are asking for you to provide detailed analysis and or synthesis of data/information you get from reading and researching a topic.  Yes, you'll have to come up with a thesis statement and or hypothesis, but your personal emotions aren't really what anyone is interested in. I don't know where you go that idea.

• Expat

Emotive writing is not what’s used primarily in essays. Reasoned logic is a far better approach to essay writing. Your feelings are completely unimportant to answering 99% of essay questions. 

There is no need to express your own emotions in almost any essay you might have to write in College. You can discuss for instance how a painting MIGHT evoke certain emotions in "the viewer", without referring to yourself. Just be objective rather than subjective. Problem solved.

Essays are not commonly used for expressing emotion. Sure, in analysis of an art work, emotions evoked might be relevant in some cases, as opposed to emphasizing technique, historical significance or other aspects of the work. Poetry & fiction writing generally require emotive qualities - and they are your characters' emotions, not yours! But for most essays, emotions are irrelevant, even counterproductive. College term papers are analytical!

• Dv8s

You seem to have no problem here expressing how you feel, your beliefs, and emotions.  Now apply that passion to your essays.