PA firearms purchase? ?

I was involved in a car accident with alcohol involved, totaled my car and all that good stuff. I did not get charged with anything yet (I was taken to the hospital because I got knocked in the head pretty good). I will be getting a court summon in the mail at some point soon. But, I'm trying to turn my life around and actually start doing things again. I have 2 friends who always go to the ranges and ask me to go but I never really cared enough, but like I said, I want to have a life where I actually have hobbies and do more. If I haven't been charged with anything (technically), would I still be able to pass the PICS background check and purchase a firearm? idk how that works. I'm aware right now may not be the best time for me to try because of that because of the summons, but rather than waste my time if I can't, I was hoping someone would be able to answer this for me.

I have no prior history of dui or alcohol related crimes or charges. no domestic abuse issues. no mental health issues. 

No charges, you should be fine.  That said, why waste the money on it right now if potentially you might have to give it up in the near future.

Not likely.  Don't waste your time, unless and until you know you will be able to have one in your home or buy one.