Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 month ago

Would you feel comfortable working at a company that required you to be OPEN about your relationships with coworkers ?

outside of working hours ?

for instance,  company xyz corporate bs ltd wants to KNOW what you do on Weekends and whether or not its an activity shared with ANY one of their other employees.

You are required to INFORM the company if you are indeed, DATING one of the other employees. 

would you comply with this level of intrusion into your private life ?

What if company xyz says its their policy to prohibit 'office romances' ?

As my previous employer said "Don't dip your pen in the company inkwell". It's a great way for the company to get sued when someone decides they were "sexually harassed".

• Amy

I would be very comfortable working at a company that prohibits office romances. I don't want important projects to fail because coworkers let their personal drama ruin their ability to work together. And especially their ability to give/take honest criticism.

Now, if the company wanted to know what I do outside of work that DOESN'T involve any coworkers, that's literally none of their business.

It wouldn't bother me at all.

They won't ask if (or how, where, and how often) you are having sex, or anything so intrusive. It's to protect the employees from coercion as much as anything else. 

Certainly 30 years or more ago, one of the handbook rules was that a higher-ranking employee could not borrow funds from a lower-ranking employee. Purely so that the lower rank could easily refuse without reprisal. 

Worry about the price of tea in china.

• donnie

That would be weird and creepy.