How to treat Morgellons Disease?

I'm with my girlfriend who has been getting lesions over her body. She's had this for some time (3 years) and has only received topical ointments. I assisted putting on ointment but have also noticed she has tiny black hair like fibers that come out of her skin. A few times the fibers were crystal like, clear, or appear as a small glitter like feature. The topical ointment works, however new ones arise on other areas of the body. As we look up conditions, the morgells disease fits the best according to the symptoms. The doctors are doing very little to assist her provide the accurate care to rid this fungal bacterial infection. Has anyone had similar expectations or can provide helpful information how to attack this disease internally? Any information would be helpful. 

• Andy C

It doesn't exist,  so...

Try wearing only silk and see what happens. 

I don't get it. Why insist that she have Morgellons disease when the disease was invented by somebody outside of medicine claiming to have fibers in their skin causing symptoms. When normal peoples skin are examined they also can have fibers in their skin. The CDC researched the so called disease and found nothing but a psychological cause. There isn't any treatment for  so called Morgellons disease so what does it gain you in claiming she has that condition?

I would be able to see it if people claiming to have that disease recover based on a treatment that they claim works but they don't. 

She should see a dermatologist and it that doesn't work then have her see a psychiatrist. If her lesions itch then she needs to stop scratching her skin which continuously will damage her skin.

Morgellons Disease is not a skin problem but a mental health problem.  She needs to be seen by a psychologist specializing in paranoia.