Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 1 month ago

Does using an external screen connected to a laptop conserve CPU & RAM usage CONSIDERING that my laptop screen is off while connected to TV?

Because windows has the option of turning off your laptop screen when outputting the image to an external screen.

So will this feature conserve ram and cpu or any other component usage or will it make no difference?

(Of course I known it will be easier on the battery so no need to mention that)

man, and I got my hopes up too LMAO

Favorite Answer

YOU WILL ONLY SAVE BATTERY LIFE BRO! LOL

The only way it could possibly conserve CPU or RAM is if it is running at a lower resolution than the internal display AND you are using software rendering instead of a GPU for an active and continuous task, like a video game. This is not a realistic scenario, and hasn't been since the early 90s.

• David

The only thing it may conserve is power cunsumption as the screen will no longer be using the same power and the monitor will be externally powered

Otherwise it is unlikely to make any difference