Anonymous

Is it bad to stay up really late often?

I’m in my late teens and I stay up late anywhere from 3-5am, and then wake up around 10, (my schooling is online). I do it mostly because of my toxic parents. My days are not enjoyable and I’m all tense, but at night time I feel relaxed and happy that I get to have that time to myself. Plus I can never go to sleep early either way, I just end up laying there. I do have some dark circles under my eyes, but even sleep doesn’t get rid of them. Is this going to affect me?

• IOM

No, it's okay if it works for you. 👍

it´s actually better for very low amount of sleep. a lot of businessmen don´t get much sleep and in fact you start adapting so that you´re less tired. I recommend 1-3 hours a day and you can get around 5 during the weakends

Teens often feel more comfortable keeping late hours but you still need to ensure you are getting sufficient sleep.

5 - 7 hours is NOT enough sleep.