Anonymous

Why do Americans believe their country is the best in the world?

I am European and I have nothing against the USA but I always wondered why do Americans think they're the best. Every American I have met and I have met my fair share has a lot of pride of being American which is good, but it is not like that here in Europe. So where does all of this pride and believing America is best come from?

Mostly because they can't understand there are other countries in the world.

Sure they hear about them, but they don't really grasp people and nations exist in other places.

• God

The US government has arguable the best propaganda machine in history.  Children here are taught from the first grade that the US government is the best system in the world.  What the US does have is good dirt.  You can grow almost anything.  The government is like most other governments, a bunch of crooked politicians.

I guess its the way this country was founded. Liberty and freedom. Also, I have traveled a lot in recent years, and most of us here have it pretty good compared to most of the world.