Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 4 weeks ago

How can I introduce a new puppy to two older dogs indoors?

Because of the pandemic, we're not allowed to go outside and I was wondering if introducing them indoors is okay? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

BULL-MANURE!  You have to GO outside and drive somewhere to GET the puppy, you pathetic lying TROLL!

Amazon is not delivering it in a BOX.... or dropping it in from a drone.  While you are OUT to get the "supposed" puppy ....do visit the Wizard of OZ, and try to get some BRAIN CELLS!

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

It is absolutely not true that ANYWHERE no one cannot go outside.  Simply not true.

If that's not true, then the rest of your question is, likewise, false.

• 3 weeks ago

You have to introduce then on neutral ground that neither dogs knows.  It is not wise to introduce them on the home ground of the dogs you have.  It needs to be at a park, a parking lot, an alleyway, just some place where none of the dogs are on home ground.

Don't know where you live that you are locked tight at home.  Here in NM kids are starting school & we can gather in group of 10 or less, restaurants are open to 25%. 

• 3 weeks ago

It's fine to go outside as long as you social distance and wear masks. It would be better to introduce them in a park or something so they don't get territorial like they could on their owner's property. Keep a close eye on them, I know cats and dogs are different but my aunt had 2 cats and she got a new kitten. One of the cats likes the kitten and the other doesn't. It might go better with dogs though because they tend to be a little friendlier then cats.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

"Because of the pandemic, we're not allowed to go outside" Nonsense! So where are you getting this puppy from? You are having to travel to get it............. you do not introduce resident dogs inside their own property to any new animal, it is done away from the property they live at.......... and 'introduction' is done by you having your dogs on lead and walking while carrying the new pup, not by allowing them to sniff/lick/play with it........ they can smell a new pup while it is carried by you and  they are walking and lead walking builds pack mentality so when you have done an hours walk the resident dogs 'accept' it far easier as a new member of the pack.... you still do not leave any pup with adult dogs as that is a recipe for disaster

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.