Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

My mom treats me like A 17 year old when I go out with my boyfriend? ?

Everytime I can’t go far places with him, She starts texting me where I am if I say I’ll go out for breakfast, and if I don’t get home around 3pm or so. She’s not the type to tell us bad words but she told me one the other day just because I’m with my boyfriend. She made me change when I wore a tank top because it was too open. She’s constantly telling me I don’t look good with him. And one time she left us hanging during dinner only because my boyfriend was here. I just think that’s disrespectful of her. He usually calls me mornings and nights. And if she hears that I’m on the phone she gets me in trouble and tells me stuff out loud. She’s even told me that she’s going to kick him out of the house if she ever feels the need to. FYI I’m 28 and my boyfriend is 35. She doesn’t want me to post things on fb with him. She said Sne wants someone better for me.  My boyfriend has never disrespected them in any way. I can’t do anything here. Don’t you think it’s not ok of her to act that way? She doesn’t want me to go out much but if I bring my boyfriend to the house where they can see him they kick us out because they don’t want us here. I don’t understand. 

If you want to be treated like an adult, act like one. She can’t “make” you change what you’re wearing, so when she tells you to change just tell her no. If she keeps texting you when you go out, don’t respond and put your phone on silent. Let her rant. 

Holy crud what is with yahoo answers today. All these 20 and 30 somethings living with mommy and daddy and complaining that they are interfering with their love lives!! MOVE OUT OF THE HOUSE and get your own life! I cannot believe these questions. The reason she is trying to mother you is because you are acting like a 15 yr old that requires mothering. Grow up!

• keerok

If you can't take it, move out.

I hope you are not living with Mom. Time to cut her out of your life once and for all. Your BF will not keep putting up with this crap forever. If you live there, get out, cut her out of your life. She has a mental problem, dont let it be your problem anymore. Bloch her on everything she can spy on you on, and change your phone number if you must.

• Alan H

You need to have a serious, open talk with your Mom.

Try not to argue but make your point gently that you are an adult

Could it be that your relationship seems to be going nowhere, and she is concerned you may just be being used? 

• Una

Your mom does not like your boyfriend. She thinks her daughter deserves a better one.