Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Why did Y/A disable the ability to comment on an answer?

So Y/A disabled the ability to comment on another person's answer so close to the election. Why does Yahoo wish to prevent open dialog? They claim it's for safety reasons. But this is all to prevent people from having open discussions on a large forum. It's disgusting what Silicon Valley is doing. I'd have more respect if they didn't act as if they are apolitical and just admitted to their bias.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

It's an epically stupid change, and as a result, I rarely visit here anymore. 

• 4 weeks ago

we live in a world where large corporations are afraid to have the image of a young Native American woman on a box of butter because someone might get offended and hit them with a multi-million dollar lawsuit...

yes...most of these will be tossed out of court, but any that make to the hearing stage will cost tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees to defend...... just writing the letters to respond to the suits will probably cost several thousands of dollars each...

comment sections on sites like this basically invited insults, stridency and offensive content because sites like this profit greatly from  'hits' and traffic stats... but now that mega-media corporations could potentially be held liable for "offensive" content anywhere on their site, removing the comment section was a simple decision to lower costs.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

This is called "Yahoo Answers" not "Yahoo Debates".

The comments were frequently used to harass, demean and insult others. Occasionally comments were enlightening but usually they were simply rude, ignorant and vulgar.

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Because it was being used for harassment and insults.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I’m guessing to many Russian republican paid trolls would try and sabotage Biden’s inevitable victory 

• 4 weeks ago

Because people are acting like *****...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.