Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Could you go to jail for telling your baby’s dad a fake address for the military ?

He needs my address. Would I go to jail for telling him a fake address and he gives it to the military?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I don't know about any jail time, but you'd miss out on the child support.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

He'd be the one to go to jail for providing false information.  Don't be a dirtbag.

• 1 month ago

hahaha....NO... BUT you will not get a support check ot allotment mailed to you or sent to you. Also you can GO TO JAIL if you refuse him his legal visitation rights. IT FALLS under PARENT NAPPING.. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You'd be committing child abuse as you'd be depriving your child of monies and medical care provided by the military for dependent children. Really good move as you'd end up in jail for child abuse.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, lying to the government is fraud and will get you discharged dishonorably.

• 1 month ago

It is in your child's best interest that the military has accurate information on him/her.  For example, if he dies on the job, there will be monies, or a pension paid to his children - if the military does not know where they are, no monies can be paid.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So, what, you aren’t interested in getting your child his legally entitled benefits as an authorized military dependent?  To include some of the best medical coverage you can get at basically zero cost?  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do you want your child to get benefits? Then you give them the correct address. Stop playing around and be an adult. If you are so petty about this then your child will have issues. 

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't think so. There are lots of legal reason why you may want to do so.

• 1 month ago

Why would you do such a thing? Running from unpleasantness doesn't make it go away. It just delays it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.