Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Do you PRAY to JESUS?

Favorite Answer

Yes of course! Jesus is love!

Sometimes. As a validly baptized Catholic, I have the divine right to pray to the Father, the Son and/or the Holy Spirit, as I see fit. That said, the only reason I have that right is the one time, once for all, perfect and atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, on the cross, at Calvary.

Nah, I don't generally talk to myself.

Jesus said to pray to the Father in His name, I do that, I don't pray to anyone else simply because the Father is ALL POWERFUL and Jesus is away preparing a place for me, I know when I say the name of Jesus I at least get His attention, He doesn't always give me what I ask for ( good thing too ) but He is always watching over me ( better thing )

Of course I pray to God the Son.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

Jesus taught us how to pray in Matthew 6:9; Luke 11:2.

Matthew 6:9 “After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.”

Luke 11:1 "And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples."

Luke 11:2 “And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.”

• David

Absolutely, because he told his disciples that we could pray to him and he would answer.  I have my doubts about any self-proclaimed Christian who refuses to pray to Jesus.  They don't appear to be following Jesus AT ALL!

NO i DON'T      

• Jeff

no - jesus is fictional.

Here is the truth: The Lord Jesus Christ is God. Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, or not. The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. It is too late to be saved, after death.

Believing on the Lord Jesus Christ means being forgiven all sins past and future and means going to heaven. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that the Lord Jesus Christ is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus was buried, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing on Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven