Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 4 weeks ago

What do you think of McDonalds stock I know it is fast food but is it a good stock to invest in?

It's good while you still have food. I don't see any major changes, Missss L, and I guess we're going steady. 

When in doubt, and you are, buy an index fund. MCD is in there.

• kswck2

Historically, yes. 

yes, long term it is a good investment.

• Steve

I expect them to do better once all dining rooms can be reopened and covid isnt an issue any longer. With that said, I think that there are other stocks that would be more lucrative for you. The trick is guessing right what those stocks will be. Theres thousands and thousands more stocks out there, so thinking McDonalds would be among the best lucratively is naive. I suggest you try to find those other stocks.

• Erik

I would say yes.  I used to own ten shares, but now I only own one, and it stays consistent.  It also has a dividend.

I got some MCD, I don't eat it but I own it, I got in around 185 and I've raised my target on it recently.  I probably would hold rather than buy at the moment but yes it's a great stock imo especially since the partnership with delivery services so it meant no permanent interruption during lockdown plus there's one on every street in every country, I don't see any risk to my position over the long-term. 

I'm lovin it.

McDonalds is a blue chip investment. It does well in economic downturns and I love annual dividend. I'm up to 25 shares in the company and reinvest the $125 in dividends once a year. 

• Kerri

McDonalds is a QSR, Quick Serve Restaurant.  The QSR industry has extremely thin margins which limits dividends.  McDonalds is consistent, steady, but not all that profitable.