Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 1 month ago

Are any of these stocks winning 5-10 year investments?

I am looking at these? Could they be worth $300-$400 per share in 5 years?

Chewy (CHWY)

Carvana (CVNA)

Vroom (VRM) 

Twilo (TWLO) 

Salesforce (CRM) 

Facebook (FB) 

Alibaba (BABA) 

Astrazeneca (AZN) 

Disney (DIS)

Walmart (WMT)

I have $2500 dollars to invest. Please let me know if you think any of these are any good. 

• Steve

Heres my thoughts. First of all, diversification is good. In looking at many stocks, you have that idea. However, I would narrow it down so that the number of shares you can buy of other companies isnt spread so thin. I would think about scratching off of your list CVNA, VRM and CRM. Probably Disney, Chewy and CRM, too. At least until park operation is back to what it once was. CRM is not expected to garner much more money in 2021 than what it has this year. Thus little growth. VRM may do much better next year, but they will still be losing money. Maybe 2022 will be a positive cash flow year for them, but 2021 is not expected to be. Growth is good, but still being at negative earnings would turn me off to them. The same applies to CVNA. So overall, I think maybe BABA, AZN, FB, WM should be the only ones you should seriously consider. These high dollar stocks are not my thing anyhow. Id recommend looking at stocks yet to emerge, but the 4 I listed should do well. Good luck to you. 

If you have only $2500 to invest you would be wiser to purchase an ETF that holds those stocks.

I own 2 of those at the moment but looking to get back into BABA at the right price, sold too early unfortunately but I'll be back.

I like most of those names on your watchlist, BABA and FB in particular but you should take a look at MSFT too, I'm looking to grab some of those when the time is right, the time was right a few days ago but I had to choose between it and FB because I didn't have enough cash on the side so I went with FB after a comparison of the two but I still like MSFT if it falls back below $200 this year.

If your broker offers fractional shares why not spread the money around and create a basket using all or most of the ones you like?  Then review it at set intervals and drop/add to the losers/winners.

You don't have the foggiest idea on how stocks work, do you?

If they do reverse splits they could be that worth that tomorrow.

That doesn't mean you have any more money than you did before the split.