Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

What do you do to calm your greatest fears, like public speaking, going to the dentist, etc, so you don't get physically sick from worry?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Ask your dentist for a prescription for ATIVAN...it will relax you enough to get in the chair and have work done on you. My dentist is awesome and it took MANY Horrible dentists to find him. You will find one that understands your fear. 

• 3 weeks ago

I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.  Therefore, I know that He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world.  When I walk into a room I know I have nothing to fear, because the Lord is with me.  This is great comfort and confidence.

• 3 weeks ago

You have to step into the fear, and let it dissolve around your self-assertation. Agoraphobics are a perfect example of this. Some are weened out of their homes till they become comfortable, realizing and sensing and feeling that they are not in danger outside their home. It takes courage to face fears. I think we all have fears and all have a potential to be courageous.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

go to a dentist that uses gas

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

is open minded , has no fears , not like you .

• 3 weeks ago

I pray.  Look up   Philippians 4:6-8.  In fact, read the entire New Testament.  Start with the Gospel of John.  Ask Jesus Christ into your life as Lord and Savior.  He can give you peace about things like that, as well as assurance of a home in heaven.   Cast your cares on Him for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7.  

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Take an Xanax. 

• Liz
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

If it's that bad you need to see a doctor.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You have a anxiety disorder, there is help for it, see your doctor, he will put you on a medication that will help, but that med with take up to a month to be fully working.

• 4 weeks ago

WELL YOU DONT HAVE CANCER UNTIL YOU GO N THEY TELL YOU THAT YOU HAVE IT 

Source(s): ST. WHO
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.