Anonymous

Why do some people think white people will go extinct?

• John P

In a way it depends on what you mean by 'white', since the whole human race originated in eastern Africa with dark skins; any lighter tones anywhere in the world are variations on that original tone.

If the white man disappears, who's going to fix the power lines when they break are keep the water clean we drink are grow the food we eat and the list goes on and on................... the USA  would become a third world country,  PS You always here people saying white people this and white people that, Well the truth is with out us the world would go to ****.

I hope not. Puerto Ricans either.

The only people who are going to go extinct are ethnic germanic people. Ethnic celtic people will still exist in the future.

• Paul

Not any rational reason, obviously.

Propaganda. Some say the world or America will become "more brown" within the next 20 or so years. White people cannot become extinct, as they're not a species, they're a phenotypical variation which is based on environment. Even if the "White race" were wiped out today, such variations (light pigmented skin, eyes, hair, facial features, etc.) will not be lost and it wouldn't be as if people with those variations can't come back. They're not dinosaurs.

Because genes conferring dark complexion are dominant.  I don't know if it'll happen or not but I don't know why it matters.  I have blue eyes and so have our children but our granddaughter has green or brown eyes (can't tell yet).  Do I care?  No I do not.  Nor do I understand why I should.

• Zirp

I doubt their veracity. It seems to mainly be a false argument to make more white babies.

If they really believe it, it's because they don't know the first thing about genetics. Some pretend that white people who are muslim or speak Spanish somehow are not white.

They all seem to believe that "recessive" equals "will not get passed on", which is nonsense

• Liz

Idk but according to the Bible, there will always be people on earth. Psalm 37:10, 11 promises "Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace."

I don't think so, Caucasian phenotype is everywhere.