Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

Will teeth impressions pull out my crown? I’ve had it for over 2 years? ?

No. I just had a full upper impression done, I was so worried my loose tooth would come out with it! It did not come out!! Try and relax, the worst part is keeping your mouth open a full 3 minutes without swallowing, so the impression can harden. It is a soft material they squeeze on your teeth. Good luck.

no, it is cemented in place.

• hihi!

Two years, it should be OK. But, always a "but" in teeth and dental work. IF the tooth is badly broken down with LITTLE support, the cement COULD give. What impression is it? "Impregum" is a very stiff (and therefore reliable) material for crown and bridge impressions. An alginate impression would not damage but the MOST POORLY supported crown concerning cementing and tooth material remaining. If you have concerns, ask your dentist. A model with the area where the crown is may not be necessary and less impression material could be used around it, lowering the likelihood of accidentally removing it.

• art

no - your crown is cemented in place and is not easy to remove

• kelvin

no.....................

• Tavy

No, it's glued in. The impression is removed with care, not yanked out.