how to fix dryer gas line?

A guy came and delivered a new dryer today. He said the problem is my gas line isn't long enough. It looks like the one on the bag of dryer is too short to reach connection. Should I get a new connection for it or use it and buy something to reach the connection?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Buy a New flex gas line,  a Yellow one, , long enough to put in an easy loop when installed.  If its too short. vibes  from off-balance load could cause leak.  Shut OFF the valve First. .Tighten fittings  only hand tight, then a Wee bit more w/wrench. Use no  grease , oil or gasket cement.  Open valve, get some soapy water ,run  it all over riser, valve, tube, and conn to dryer. Bubbles? Tighten until No bubbles.  Relight pilot if any or  call gas co, they will relight it . Free.

Yes, Every gas riser Must have valve at least in US after 1964, I know. I met a guy in ADC,  who tried to blow up a bldg by opening gas valve   and lighting a candle  on far side of it. The gas just caught  fire At the riser, a big flame. No "boom"

REF:  Delivered/installed appliances 3 years. My cousin relit  pilots for Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra, while he worked for SW Gas in Palm Springs.

• 1 month ago

Take a picture of it and post it so people can see what you are talking about.

You may want to consider having someone who knows what they are doing to fix it for you so you don't blow your entire house up.

• 1 month ago

You probably need a short flex gas line. Measure the length you need and go to the hardware store. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Try asking in the Maintenance & Repairs forum in the HOME& GARDEN category, not the one in Cars & transportation which you have done. Oops.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Is there a shut off before the connection line? If there is not or if it is old, call a gas guy. If there is one and it is in decent condition, you can probably buy a flexible line but there is a catch. All connections with gas have to be right or you will have so no so pleasant issues. If you are experienced in such areas, no biggie. If you are not, this isnot the time to practice your DIY skills, call a gas guy/plumber/heating guy.

• 1 month ago

yes u should get a gas line to connect ur dryer to the gas faucet.

https://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Stainless-Steel-Ap...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.