Does having 7 Catholic Supreme Court Justices fairly represent our nation?

I mean, 6 of 9 is not enough, there must be 7 of 9?  Why?  I know...it's that one issue in which catholics are behind the times on by almost half a century.

and this front-runner, is such an obvious 'karen' right?  self-righteously wagging her uber-white finger and trying to control the lives of other people the way she demands!

Favorite Answer

Republicans are slowly but surely stacking the deck against women.

just wait soon there will be crosses all over the WH lawn

• Lili

It will be 6, not 7, if Barnett is confirmed.

But no, that does not fairly represent our nation. In fact, it may be said that Barnett alone doesn't fairly represent American Catholics, who are not, on average, as devout as she is or as opposed to abortion. Most of them, moreover, do not belong to charismatic Catholic movements as Barnett does. I find People of Praise rather disturbing, and so do many Catholics I know.

I'm amused, by the way, that Christian evangelicals seem to be pulling for Barnett, since so many of them deny that Roman Catholics are even Christians. Over in the Religion and Spirituality category on this site, I've seen that denial many times.

There are Catholics then there are Catholics Shumer and Pelosi for example.

• helene

I think you've miscounted. There are only 5 Catholics currently. Gorsuch is an Episcopal, Kagan and Breyer are Jewish.

Regardless, there is no religious test allowed.

IM NOT THE JUDGE OF THAT AND TIRH TOO...WRONG SPOT

• Rusty

I would say no, Rusty.  I would prefer more diversity on the country's highest bench.  If this comes to pass, 7 of 9? isn't one religion excuse the pun lording it over all of us ?