Does having 7 Catholic Supreme Court Justices fairly represent our nation?

I mean, 6 of 9 is not enough, there must be 7 of 9?  Why?  I know...it's that one issue in which catholics are behind the times on by almost half a century.

Update:

and this front-runner, is such an obvious 'karen' right?  self-righteously wagging her uber-white finger and trying to control the lives of other people the way she demands!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Republicans are slowly but surely stacking the deck against women.

• 3 weeks ago

just wait soon there will be crosses all over the WH lawn

• Lili
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

It will be 6, not 7, if Barnett is confirmed.

But no, that does not fairly represent our nation. In fact, it may be said that Barnett alone doesn't fairly represent American Catholics, who are not, on average, as devout as she is or as opposed to abortion. Most of them, moreover, do not belong to charismatic Catholic movements as Barnett does. I find People of Praise rather disturbing, and so do many Catholics I know.

I'm amused, by the way, that Christian evangelicals seem to be pulling for Barnett, since so many of them deny that Roman Catholics are even Christians. Over in the Religion and Spirituality category on this site, I've seen that denial many times.

• 4 weeks ago

There are Catholics then there are Catholics Shumer and Pelosi for example.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • helene
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I think you've miscounted. There are only 5 Catholics currently. Gorsuch is an Episcopal, Kagan and Breyer are Jewish.

Regardless, there is no religious test allowed.

• 4 weeks ago

IM NOT THE JUDGE OF THAT AND TIRH TOO...WRONG SPOT

• Rusty
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

I would say no, Rusty.  I would prefer more diversity on the country's highest bench.  If this comes to pass, 7 of 9? isn't one religion excuse the pun lording it over all of us ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.