Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 4 weeks ago

Is $1000 to stay for a month in a motel a good deal?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Amy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes, it's a lot cheaper than paying a regular nightly rate at a motel for so many nights.

If you're planning to stay in the area for only a month, then the motel might be your best option. An apartment could be cheaper (in the sort of area that has motels), but good luck finding a furnished apartment with a 1-month lease.

• 4 weeks ago

That's about $33 per day.  You aren't going to stay at a very nice place for that, but you could swing it in some ore marginal hotels.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes. It must be a low budget hotel however. People that work on the road pay about $2,700+ USD a month. I like the many extended stay hotel chains across the US rather than a regular hotel because you get a kitchenette. Going out to eat every night can be a hassle and the food served in the lobby can get tiresome. Ad some of these expenses into your cost to the client. Talk to the sales department at the hotel when making reservations longer than a couple weeks, rather than on-line or at the front desk. You'll accumulate the points for personal use on extended weekend travels. My favorite is still Bonvoy, Hilton, or IHG. 

• 4 weeks ago

Of course it's a lot-.  One room for a grand a month?  You bet that's expensive. You could pay that for an apartment with more room.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

If you need to stay at one away from home for an extended period of time, and the place isn't a gross fleabag, then it works out to about $33 a night, which is a pretty low rate.

On the other hand I rent a three floor, three bedroom one and a half baths with a finished basement townhouse for $1,200 a month, so for just a bit more money, I have a LOT more space, including a kitchen and full laundry gear.

• 28AKO
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

yea, if u don't have no place of your own and no kids. That's bout average or less u going to pay for a one bedroom apartment anyway. U really can't beat that, u got free high speed internet, cable, water and lights. You can keep the a/c or heater on long as u want without having to worry about paying the light bill. 

• 4 weeks ago

In some places.  Not everywhere.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, that's just $33 per day which sounds like an excellent deal. Cheapest motel in my area is $60.

• 4 weeks ago

Yes if it's a decent one.  No if it's a dingy one.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

no.....................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.