Constipation?

I’ve been constipated for almost two weeks. I’ve been taking laxatives almost everyday to try to get it out but I noticed that I produce more natural bowel movements when I haven’t taken the laxatives. I’m not in any pain or discomfort but it’s getting to the point where I think I should see a doctor. Should I try to let my body naturally dispose of it? Or should I just go to the doctor?

• Sean K

Eat a bag of cherries, prunes and all bran.

• Zirp

Eat enough fibre (fruit, vegetables, wholewheat), walk a few hours a day, lay off the heroin.

If that doesn't work, call a doctor

• Dixon

If as you say, you are 

not in any pain or discomfort, I would be inclined to let it sort itself out. My guess is that diet is probably a significant factor; try to avoid cheese, eggs and large amounts of meat and have plenty of vegetables.

maybe you should go see your doctor about it

• Ash

Try drinking lots of fluids. If you still experience constipation then you need to find out the underlying reason. Visit the doctor.