How do torturers keep their victims from dying?

I am writing a story in which one of the characters gets tortured for about two weeks. I'm thinking on probably getting one of their eyeballs ripped off, lots of cuts in the arms, and probably a few fingers cut off. 

But during my writing- I started questioning myself on whether these would be deadly. As in- wouldn't someone die of blood loss under these circumstances? Anyways, so I was wondering if anyone know what tortures did to avoid their victim's death.

Thanks for your time and attention to this matter! :)

The injuries often will be deadly (fatal) in the long term but the torturer tends to avoid mortal wounds and will provide enough care to keep the victim alive if needed (keep the victim from bleeding out, say).  It really depends on how much the torturer is concerned with keeping the victim alive to endure more suffering.  Don't want the "fun" to end too soon.

the torturer really does not worry about any longer-term effects of the torture. they don't expect the victim to survive forever.  Don't actually want them to survive, or don't care one way or the other.  People who torture don't tend to worry about the future of the victim.  live or die, often does not matter.  Dying too soon is the only thing they try to prevent, and that is nothing to do with caring for the victim, it is all about getting maximum pleasure for themselves.  Sick people.