Hannah asked in PetsCats · 3 weeks ago

How to get cat urine out of stuffed animals.?

I have a stuffed bear that my sisters cat urinated on. I have to be extremely careful with it because inside it is a case with a close family member’s ashes. So I don’t know how to go about cleaning it or getting the smell out. The bear means a lot go me and even though I’m well into college I cannot sleep with out this stuffed animal, I really need help.

• Ocimom

You won't get it out - sorry.  I'd open it up and take the case out and put it somewhere safe.  I thought washing would help but it does not.  The smell goes in the stuffing and you won't get it out.  The outside can be cleaned but not the insides.

• Laura

You have to wash it with an enzyme cleaner, and have to wash it as soon as you find it.  If the urine dries there is not any way it will come out.  

If it is dry, the best thing to do would be to open it up, remove the ashes, and put them in another stuffed animal.  Dried cat urine will not come out of a stuffed animal without some seriously harsh chemicals.  

You are going to need to remove the ashes so you can throw the bear in the washer or soak it. Spot cleaning will not work. 

You CAN'T.   Cat urine permeates and cant be washed out

Cat urine smell is said to be very difficult to remove 😐🤔 I wish you luck though 

I'm sorry but you are going to have to remove the urn first. Then I found this  Google result for how to get urine out of stuffed animal

Fill up a sink, add lots of baking soda, let it soak for awhile. Then rinse and rinse and rinse until the water runs clear. Air dry only — maybe help it along with your hair dryer this is what you have to do to get rid of the smell. Otherwise if you can't get the case out then maybe the water won't hurt the case if it's really hard?