I broke my dads computer and it was my fault...?

He uses it for his side job as a dj sometimes. There was a crack seperating the part that lets the laptop open and I opened it ignoring the crack and it made noises and seperated part of the screen from the hood of the laptop. I proceed to unscrew and open the laptop tey cracking it open i forgot some screws and maybe made this a bit worse. Defeated but still determines to fix it i try connecting the screen back with my teeth but wnd up cracking it. I unscrew the last screws open it and realize that this would not help. I have to tell hiimm but howww.

• Shadow

You are aware what teeth are meant for?

Besides that, you should tell him and apologise for making it worse. Your attempt to fix it was admirable but misplaced. The best would have been to take it it him and show him. I'm sure he already knows of the imminent break due to excessive use.

Just curious: is your dad's name Paul Oakenfold, by any chance?

Just hit Shift + Alt + PgUp, it will fix everything

• keerok

Be a man. Tell it to him straight, as early as possible and brace yourself. He will get angry. That's expected. He may yell. He may get violent but always remember, he won't kill you.

I would blame it on the dog

You should havw just told him about the crack!

• David

The laptop hinges have failed, this is a common problem on modern laptops as they try to make them thinner and lighter, there isn’t enough anchorage to secure the hinges. 

How about “I’m sorry Dad but I broke your laptop, it was an accident. I tried to fix it but I think it’s worse.”