Tightness in throat?

For a while now, on and off, i’ve had this strange feeling in the back of my throat. It’s hard to describe and the only way I really can describe it is like my throat is slightly closed up. It’s makes it a little hard to breathe and makes me feel quite anxious. Theres also the sensation of that salivating feeling you get just before you’re about to throw up, but i’m not producing any extra saliva, it’s just that feeling...if that makes any sense lol. Can anyone shed any light on what this could be? I don’t want to phone the doctor, especially with what’s going on right now, if it isn’t serious. I’m not allergic to anything and haven’t had anything new that could set off a reaction. I’m a 22 year old female and I try to stay fit and healthy. 

I know I have that feeling when I go on a strict diet bc it has happen too many times for me that I diagnosed myself when doctors couldn't.  Sometimes you have to be your own detective bc you know your body more than anyone else.  So I started eating more foods contain salt bc it appears when you eat less food you  eat less sodium and less water can be retained