Is it possible that someone has a killswitch that causes certain parts of the car (such as the starter, tensioner, CV axles, etc.) to fail?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • JOHN B
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

The only thing a kill switch would do is prevent the car from starting.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No.  Sounds you got parts that just wore out due to mileage or age or usage.  I am amazed you did not include the paint.

• Maka
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

perhaps what you are getting at is "build in obsolescence"

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

What? Are you blaming  engine codes on some gremlin ? Do you have an intermittent?  

Sony Could make TVs last forever, they deliberately put in weak parts like Horiz.  Output Transistors  that makes em fail in ten years. Or, they'd never sell another TV,

Makes as much sense as that neighbor who wore a tinfoil hat to prevent Govt from "controlling brain thru power lines"...

"3 wire alternator?" U need a foil hat. also....

Starter isn't part of ignition system,. Separate. Old  cars shared  start position on ignition switch with a coil  ballast. Not anymore

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, the onboard computer can do this if it's fed data from insane sensors, that it is unable to identify as failed. This has been happening to my car a lot, before I realized the speedometer was reporting far off values to the ECU, which made it shut the running engine.

Equally, ECU may prevent the 3-wire alternator from charging the battery.

• 4 weeks ago

What kind of drugs are you on?!

• 4 weeks ago

.................Hell no.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

NO,  dumbass, but I wish I could buy an instant killswitch for idiot trolls like you. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes, it's called "time".

• Sky
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

A kill switch can only be installed in the electrical system, and yes, it's possible to install one on the starter to prevent starting or other parts of the ignition system to stop the engine after it's running.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.