Is it possible that someone has a killswitch that causes certain parts of the car (such as the starter, tensioner, CV axles, etc.) to fail?

• JOHN B

The only thing a kill switch would do is prevent the car from starting.

No.  Sounds you got parts that just wore out due to mileage or age or usage.  I am amazed you did not include the paint.

• Maka

perhaps what you are getting at is "build in obsolescence"

What? Are you blaming  engine codes on some gremlin ? Do you have an intermittent?  

Sony Could make TVs last forever, they deliberately put in weak parts like Horiz.  Output Transistors  that makes em fail in ten years. Or, they'd never sell another TV,

Makes as much sense as that neighbor who wore a tinfoil hat to prevent Govt from "controlling brain thru power lines"...

"3 wire alternator?" U need a foil hat. also....

Starter isn't part of ignition system,. Separate. Old  cars shared  start position on ignition switch with a coil  ballast. Not anymore

Yes, the onboard computer can do this if it's fed data from insane sensors, that it is unable to identify as failed. This has been happening to my car a lot, before I realized the speedometer was reporting far off values to the ECU, which made it shut the running engine.

Equally, ECU may prevent the 3-wire alternator from charging the battery.

What kind of drugs are you on?!

.................Hell no.

NO,  dumbass, but I wish I could buy an instant killswitch for idiot trolls like you. 

Yes, it's called "time".

• Sky

A kill switch can only be installed in the electrical system, and yes, it's possible to install one on the starter to prevent starting or other parts of the ignition system to stop the engine after it's running.