SW-6
SW-6 asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 month ago

Would it kill AMAZON to show a person holding the items they are selling so we can get a good feel for how big/small it is?

Am I the only one who hates this on AMAZON?  :)

• Ian
    Favorite Answer

YES!!!! I have taken to measuring items I already own and then comparing those to the dimensions in the descriptions. I almost bought a Galileo barometer that was smaller than my cellphone!

My wife almost bought a bathmat that was smaller than a hand towel. BUYER BEWARE

Hands are not an attractive background for listings. A lot of the pictures are just stock, from the manufacturer... with dimensions in metric. 25.4 mm = 1 inch. 2.54 cm = 1".

Can't help ya there----------Jeff Bezos has not gotten one thin dime of my money yet. 

I'm a Luddite.  Haven't ordered a damn thing from Amazon.........(yet) 

• Amy

Most listings do state the dimensions. You just have to scroll down past the first set of ads to find it.

It would be wasteful to require every listing to include a photo with an imprecise scale (how big is the person and how close are they to the item?).

In many cases a photo wouldn't show the measurement that a buyer cares about (e.g. what model of phone a certain case fits, or the waist size of a pair of pants, or the number of tissues in a box). The listing needs to state this measurement in its title or description.

Some items (e.g. a DVD) only come in one size. Or the size is irrelevant as long as it's within a reasonable range (e.g. a book).