Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Was my friend rude?

I told her that she needs to pick my some items from mail for me next Saturday and she told me  "well it's not like I don't have anything to do on that day like studying"

Was she rude?

you did not  ask her to do your chores, you demanded she do that. you were rude to her.

NO.. it was YOU THAT NEED A ATTITUDE adjustment.. Pick up your own crap.. It's not your place to tell her or anyone else WHAT THEY NEED TO DO FOR YOU.. Hopefully she said " FUUCK YOU...  PICK UP YOUR OWN SHIIT"..

Yes. She was being rude. When you say you told her, do you mean you asked if she could? As if you told her, she may have found that rude and responded in the same manner. 

No, you are.  YUou did not askif she could, you demanded.

You were, by ordering her about.  I had a friend who had a mailbox at the post office. She kept doing things like requiring that we stop by and pick up her mail, or taking her to the airport, or even going with her to have a colonoscopy! Then, she wanted me to take her out to eat, afterward! I decided , finally, that she was using me for her errands, and I had enough of it. No longer friends. Don't be surprised if your friend does the same.

• Judy

No, you were because you were demanding a favor from her.

• Audrey

I think your mistake was telling her she had to. You should have ASKED her nicely.

• Ralph

Usually people, especially friends, ask people to do things, not tell them.

• g

Were YOU rude, telling her what she needs to pick up?

Seriously? It didn't occur to you to "ask" her? It didn't occur to you to treat her with some respect? And you're asking if she was rude?